The Fund invests in companies which have one or more of the following characteristics:
- The company's product(s) must be well established in the local and or regional markets.
- The price of the company's shares are attractively priced as measured by their Price to Earnings and Price to Book Value Ratios compared with Industry Averages.
- The company is recording high rates of growth in revenues and profits.
- The company is in a solid position of sustainable export earnings.
- The company's shares are depressed following a period of unusual or temporarily poor results.
Since most of the Caribbean companies are quite small by international standards, the Fund could easily become a significant shareholder. It will not however acquire more than 10% of the voting shares of any one company. The Fund does not invest in the shares or fixed income securities of Cave Shepherd & Co Limited.
The Fund acts strictly as a portfolio investor and does not take legal and or management control or seek directorships in any of the companies in which it invests.